Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

You Color My Dull World

Hi, everyone! I'm here today with a card featuring Paper Smooches stamps and dies.

But, first....

Send a Smile 4 Kids

... big thanks to Nicole for her donation of cards. I have to say that Nicole's creativity was matched only by her organization. This was one of the neatest packages of cards I've ever received.  :)



You Color My Dull World

Today's card was inspired by the current Paper Smooches monthly challenge to feature the colors of the rainbow. I'm also going to link this up to PS's June Guest Designer search.

I'm pretty pleased with the effect of the rainbow-colored die cut papers against the neutral grays. However, I'm wishing I'd placed the strip a little more to the left rather than centering them between the left edge and the sentiment. Oh well.... It wouldn't be one of my cards if I didn't find something to criticize. LOL


Distress Ink core paper; Stampin' Up! grays; Recollections black
Paper Smooches spreading sunsine stamps and borders 3 dies
sentiment stamped in StazOn jet black; stash sequins
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Ranger multi medium matte

Parting Thoughts

It's been almost a week since we've been back in Ohio. It's really funny that when I'm down on the island, I don't want to leave. But, once I get home, I'm so glad to be back. Today, I'm thankful for:

  • reconnecting with good friends,
  • the cool, crisp spring Ohio days, and
  • a leisurely hour of reading on our front porch. 

A new Words 2 Craft By challenge goes live in just a couple of hours. Hope you'll stop by and check out this month's words.  :)

Until then, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

1 comment:

  1. OHHHHH! I love the zigzag rainbow! I am totally pinning that so I can recreate it for one of my projects! LOVE <3 Thanks so much for joining in the fun with our May Rainbow challenge--I hope you will play along with the June Layers challenge (starts Wednesday!!)! <3

    ReplyDelete