Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Friday, January 1, 2016

Top Ten Cards of 2015

Happy New Year!

So have you made any resolutions for the new year yet? I'm thinking about imposing a moratorium on buying any new stamp sets and dies this year until I use everything I currently have at least once -- with the operative word being considering. I'd really like to commit to relying on my stash this year, replenishing staples such as tape and cardstock as needed. Just not sure I can really hold myself to the promise. Hmmmm...

While I decide, I'm going to watch a little football... and revisit a few cards made with some of my current goodies -- old and new -- this past year.   :)


Top Ten of 2015

Here are some favorite cards from the past year.


Sandy, our fearless leaders at Cards in Envy, always comes up with the best challenges. I ended up loving all the textures in the card below.
Original Post

 The Watercolor Online Card Class produced more misses than hits -- LOL! But, these two cards still make me smile with delight.
Original Post

Original Post

 I made a couple of special cards for hubby. His birthday card was inspired by a card made by a friend for her hubby. The anniversary card was inspired by a Words 2 Scrap By talk-like-a-pirate challenge -- and served as the justification for buying a few goodies at Paper Smooches.
Original Post
 
 
A big splurge this year was investing in a MISTI. I'm so glad I did. Trust me, these little reindeer would never have turned out looking this great if it weren't for that MISTI. This card is also very special to me because it was featured on Leslie's CSSC #11 post. Rest in peace, Leslie. I miss you and your cheerfully inspiring posts already.
Original Post

This card was also a MISTI-enable creation. Another reason I love this card is that I made it for Nationwide Children's Hospital, which is one of the hospitals supported by Send a Smile 4 Kids.
Original Post

 I was honored to have the card below chosen as a Top Three entry at SAS4Kids!
Original Post

These last two cards were made for one of my dearest friends. The top one is actually one of 35 baby shower invitations I made for Linda's daughter. The bottom card contained a special note for Linda. And, she called to tell me it was the most beautiful card she had ever seen.
Original Post
 
Original Post

Parting Thoughts

For fans of Words 2 Scrap Craft By, we hope you will visit us on Wednesday, January 13, for our first challenge of the new year!

Until then, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'! All the best in 2016.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment